- Download the (3) files from this drop box link. Please save all of these files to your Desktop (or a very easily accessilble folder on your laptop). Included in these (3) files are:
- Training notes: These are the training notes, I recommend waiting until after the training to review these. Many of them won't make sense until after the course.
- Furniture and appliance template: Again, make sure it is easily accessible in your files.
- The plan view of the case study we will be using.
- Sign up for the website sketchuptextureclub.com. It will let you download 15 textures a day for free. Our case study is a high-end apartment. Download a texture for the flooring, countertop and fireplace facing. We will use these to practice applying seamless textures to surfaces.
Remember to bring:
- Laptop with SketchUp Make or Pro downloaded. This is very important, we won't be able to wait for anyone to download the program during the training.
- Scroll wheel mouse (recommended)
- Laptop charger
We will be using a single case study throughout the two days. Taking the project from beginning to end, developing a workflow for on-boarding, schematic design, final design, documentation and presentation. You may put your own spin on the design, but the main point of the training is to learn the tools for drawing and gain and efficient workflow.
9:15am Floor Plans
- recording field measurements
- transferring an image
- transcribing a document with dimensions
12:00pm Lunch Break
12:45pm Using the furniture and appliances template
- Planning a kitchen and bathroom
1:30pm 3D Modeling Part 1
- extruding the walls
- windows and doors (2 ways)
4:00pm Conclusion of Day One
9:00am Quick Review
9:30am 3D Modeling Part 2
- drawing a kitchen
- 3D warehouse
- move tool
- custom textures
- displaying artwork
- placing a kitchen sink
- crown molding
12:00pm Lunch Break We sometimes work through this lunch break as needed depending on how far we've made it in the material.
1:00pm Design Documentation
- customizing dimensions
- mixing styles
- section cuts in perspective
- elevation drawings
- pulling a floor plan from your 3D model
- 3 ways to organize and present to your client. (One way is LayOut, which is available with SketchUp Pro).
3:30pm Workshop as time permits
- A chance to further develop your case study or apply SketchUp to a current project while Tammy is available for questions and trouble shooting.