- If you haven't already, please take a few minutes to go through the Intro Course. It’s a short course that will help you learn a few of the basic tools.
- Download the (3) files from this drop box link. Please save all of these files to your Desktop (or a very easily accessilble folder on your laptop). Included in these (3) files are:
- Training notes: These are the training notes (many of them won’t make sense until the training). Feel free to print these and bring it to the training.
- Furniture and appliance template: Again, make sure it is easily accessible in your files.
- The plan view of the case study we will be using.
- Sign up for the websites textures.com and/or sketchuptextureclub.com. Each will let you download 15 textures a day for free. Our case study is a high-end apartment. Download a texture for flooring, countertop and fireplace facing.
New York, NY 10012
I will order in for lunch on the first day. Please let me know if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences. I’ll email a menu the day before to order from, but I wouldn’t want to choose a genre of food that someone really doesn’t like. So please feel free to let me know.
Remember to bring:
- Laptop with SketchUp Make or Pro downloaded. This is very important, we won't be able to wait for anyone to download the program during the training.
- Scroll wheel mouse
- Laptop charger
We will be using a single case study throughout the two days. Taking the project from beginning to end, developing a workflow for on-boarding, schematic design, final design, documentation and presentation. You may put your own spin on the design, but the main point of the training is to learn the tools for drawing and gain and efficient workflow.
9:20am Floor Plans
- recording field measurements
- transferring an image
- transcribing a document with dimensions
10:30am Using the furniture and appliances template
- drawing 2D symbols
11:30am 3D Modeling Part 1
- bring up the walls
- windows and doors (2 ways)
12:30pm Lunch Break (We will be ordering in and either eating in the conference room, or on a WeWork outdoor balcony.)
1:30pm 3D Modeling Part 2
- drawing a kitchen
- 3D warehouse
- move tool
- custom textures
- displaying artwork
- placing a kitchen sink
- crown molding
3:00pm Conclusion of Day One
9:00am Quick Review
9:30am Design Documentation
- customizing dimensions
- mixing styles
- section cuts in perspective
- elevation drawings
- pulling a floor plan from your 3D model
- 3 ways to organize and present to your client. (One way is LayOut, which is available with SketchUp Pro).
12:30pm Independent Lunch Break.
- A chance to further develop your case study or apply SketchUp to a current project while Tammy is available for questions and trouble shooting.