What is included in the live training fee?
- 2 days of live training with Tammy in a small class size. (Lunch included on both days.)
- 2D furnishing and appliance template for drawing floor plans.
- LayOut lighting plan template.
- Access to any of the online courses for life after the conclusion of the training.
- 2 hours of post training tutoring, done via screen share with Tammy.
Do I need any prior SketchUp experience?
This class is for beginners and intermediate users. No prior experience is required. However, I do ask designers to take the Free online intro course before attending. (20 minutes long.) Those who choose to practice ahead of the course get the most out of the content. You also must have a good working knowledge of the laptop you bring to the training.
How many designers will be in the training?
Classes are kept small with a limit of 5 designers to maximize the value of our time together.
What will we cover on the days of the training?
We will use a single case study throughout the training. Taking the project from beginning to end. Developing a workflow for on-boarding, schematic design, final design, documentation and presentation. You may put your own spin on the design, but the main point of the training is to learn the tools for drawing and gaining an effective and efficient workflow. See schedules below.
Who is Tammy?
See more information about San Luis Obispo interior designer Tammy Cody here.
9:45am Floor Plans
- recording field measurements
- transferring an image
- transcribing a document with dimensions
12:00pm Lunch Break (We will be ordering in and either eating in the conference room, or on a WeWork outdoor balcony.)
12:45pm Using the furniture and appliances template
- Planning a kitchen and bathroom
1:30pm 3D Modeling Part 1
- extruding the walls
- windows and doors (2 ways)
4:00pm Conclusion of Day One
9:30am Quick Review
10:00am 3D Modeling Part 2
- drawing a kitchen
- 3D warehouse
- move tool
- custom textures
- displaying artwork
- placing a kitchen sink
- crown molding
12:00pm Lunch Break (Provided)
1:00pm Design Documentation
- customizing dimensions
- mixing styles
- section cuts in perspective
- elevation drawings
- pulling a floor plan from your 3D model
- 3 ways to organize and present to your client. (One way is LayOut, which is available with SketchUp Pro).
3:30pm Workshop as time permits
- A chance to further develop your case study or apply SketchUp to a current project while Tammy is available for questions and trouble shooting.